Affordable Care Act Important Dates
Important dates for 2016 enrollment
- November 1, 2015: Open Enrollment started — first day you can enroll in a 2016 insurance plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Coverage can start as soon as January 1, 2016.
- December 15, 2015: Last day to enroll in or change plans for new coverage to start January 1, 2016
- January 1, 2016: 2016 coverage starts for those who enroll or change plans by December 15.
- January 15, 2016: Last day to enroll in or change plans for new coverage to start February 1, 2016
- January 31, 2016: 2016 Open Enrollment ends. Enrollments or changes between January 16 and January 31 take effect March 1, 2016.
If you don’t enroll in a 2016 health insurance plan by January 31, 2016, you can’t enroll in a health insurance plan for 2016 unless you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
We can Help
At First Preferred Health Insurance you will find all of the major health carriers and we offer plans nationwide. Call our office today to speak with your own personal Licensed ACA Expert Agent. Open Enrollment is only for a short period of time so call us now toll free at 888-251-5535 to set up an appointment. Please note*** This will help ensure that your applications and subsidies will be secured by submitting them in time.
For more information or to get a quote please click on the link that best suits your insurance goals. We certainly look forward to helping you with all of your Health Insurance needs!